n. ~ IP2 · Ensuring that the requirements of laws, regulations, industry codes and organizational standards are met.
- Gartner IT Glossary (†298 s.v. compliance): The process of adhering to policies and decisions. Policies can be derived from internal directives, procedures and requirements, or from external laws, regulations, standards and agreements.
- IP2 Glossary (†386 s.v. compliant): v., Ensuring that the requirements of laws, regulations, industry codes and organizational standards are met. [Archives - Australian Standard AS 3806–1998: Compliance Programs , Page: 5 ]
- Furht and Escalante 2010 (†583 p.59): Verification that an application or other IT resource is operating according to predefined policy objectives. (†1176)
- ISACA Glossary (†743 s.v. compliance): Adherence to, and the ability to demonstrate adherence to, mandated requirements defined by laws and regulations, as well as voluntary requirements resulting from contractual obligations and internal policies. (†1769)
- Kurian 2013 (†576 s.v. compliance): State of being in accordance with all legal requirements and obligations; also, the department in a business that ensures operations are compliant with all applicable laws. (†1094)
- NIST 2013 (†734 p. x): Compliance is not about adhering to static checklists or generating unnecessary FISMA reporting paperwork. Rather, compliance necessitates organizations executing due diligence with regard to information security and risk management. (†1846)